Apify Proxy Integration
Learn how to setup your Apify proxy settings and integrate with Bright Data’s Proxy IPs
Apify is a powerful web scraping, data extraction, and web RPA platform. It can automate anything you can do manually in a web browser, and run it at scale. Apify Store has hundreds of ready-to-use scraping tools that just require you to change a few settings.
Proxies are often an essential part of web scraping. You should always secure your identity when web scraping and you may also need to deal with anti-scraping measures and other restrictions deployed by your target website.
That’s where Bright Data comes in 💪
Bright Data’s proxy solutions can help you successfully complete your scraping and automation tasks. Bright Data proxies seamlessly integrate with Apify so you can perform your job without being blocked.
So let’s get them set up!
How to integrate Apify Proxy with Bright Data’s Proxy IPs
On Bright Data
- Log in into your Bright Data account and go to the dashboard
- Click on Proxies and create a zone
- You can choose between Data Center, Residential & Mobile IPs
- Configure and create the zone according to your project requirements
- Click on the Settings icon next to the zone name.
- Get the access username and password.
- Head over to apify.com and log in into your account.
- Once you’re in Apify Console, click on Actors in the left-hand menu.
- Under the Store tab you’ll find Google Maps Scraper. We’ll use this as our example. Click on it.
- Navigate to the Input tab.
- Enter a keyword or Google Maps URL to scrape.
- Then scroll down to find proxy settings.
- Click on custom proxy and input your proxy credentials in the following format.
- http://username:password@hostname:portUsername and password can be taken from the zone settings that we just created.
- The hostname for Bright Data proxies is
zproxy.lum-superproxy.ioand the port is 22225
- This is what the final Bright Data proxy URL will look like:
- Then just click Run.
You can then preview and download the data as HTML, JSON, CSV, Excel, XML, and RSS feed.
To confirm that Apify used the proxy, go to your Bright Data dashboard, navigate to proxies and then check the event log.
Contact Bright Data support if you have any questions.
About Bright Data proxies:
Residential proxies: With over 72 million real IPs from 195 countries, Bright Data’s residential proxies enable you to access any website content regardless of location, while avoiding IP bans and CAPTCHAs.
ISP proxies: With over 700,000 ISP IPs, leverage real static IPs from any city in the world, assigned by ISPs and leased to Bright Data for your exclusive use, for as long as you require.
Datacenter proxies: With over 770,000 datacenter IPs, Bright Data’s datacenter proxy network is built of multiple IP types across the world, in a shared IP pool or for individual purchase.
Mobile proxies: With over 7 million mobile IPs, Bright Data’s advanced Mobile IP Network offers the fastest and largest real-peer 3G/4G/5G IPs network in the world.